07 July 2010
Posted in Multimedia Tip of the Week
Are you scared to create a web video? Do you cringe at the thought of starting the process? Never fear, we are here.
People ask why they should use video on their website. The answer is because it is very highly persuasive, can represent you or your product much better than a static photo and people like them. A nice video can deliver your message that will engage your viewer much better than any text or photo can. Some successful videos can attract hundreds or thousands of new visitors to your site, many of whom will buy products or services recommended to them in the video. It works for any industry.
The main key to creating an effective web video is to plan it out. Most people just jump in and end up with something less than desirable. Here is a simple 10-step process to create an effective web video:
- Decide on the primary objective of the video. Is it selling a product or service? Is it to educate? Is it a demonstration? It mus have a single purpose or your audience will get confused.
- Who is your target audience? Make the video with them and their needs in mind. A children's video would be much different than a video targeted at housewives.
- Decide how to present the topic. Will it be dramatic or humorous, lively or factual? Will there be a presenter or off-screen narrator? Try to get a balance of facts and emotion.
- Plan the structure of the video - beginning, middle and end. Introduction to grab their attention, middle with info an facts, and end a call to action.
- Decide on the best length for your message. Try to use the shortest possible time frame.
- Decide who will own the project to make sure it is completed on time and on budget.
- Set a deadline for completion, even if you are doing it yourself.
- Research and get information and items to use in your video - photos, logos, graphic, etc.
- Write your script.
- Now it's time to record. Find a good setting with good lighting or go to a studio.
|< Prev||Next >|